Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney: A Motorcycle Injury Firm You Can Bank On.
There are 4,976 fatal and non-fatal motorcycle crashes in the United states according to the latest data by the by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). A \ moment of reckless madness on the highway may result in you sustaining severe chronic injuries. This is made worse by the fact that motorcycles lack the safety cocoon against injuries, unlike other automobiles.
Accidents just don’t happen. They are caused. That’s why at Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney we seek justice to victims of road crashes occasioned by third party negligence. To soothe the injury, we evaluate your injury case free of charge pursuant to filing legal damages on behalf of our client.
Time is of the essence when filing for compensation for motorcycle crash. Take advantage of the outright zero upfront charges at Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney and call us on 424-231-2013 for free consultations and case evaluation once you are involved in a motorcycle crash. We will take the battle right to the doorstep of the insurance adjusters as we seek an amicable settlement for injuries and damages sustained. The legal team at Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney will not relent till justice is served. Little wonder that we only invoice legal fees once we recover victim’s compensation. To sum it up, we won’t bill you unless we don't win the court battle!
Unraveling the Numbers behind the Motorcycle Crashes
According to sources from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), road carnages involving motorcycle has been on the rise for the past decade. With the current figures being at 73.48 deaths for every given 100,000 registered motorcycle. Making motorcyclists a high-risk group of road users.
The IIHS attributes the high risk of motorcycle crashes to the following reasons:
- Motorcycles are small and hence less visible on the highways.
- Lack of a protective shield housing the occupants such as that of four-wheeled automobiles.
- Stability: having to balance on two wheels as opposed to four-wheel, reduces the steadfastness of a motorcyclist making them prone to accidents.
Ridership Laws of California worth Noting
Faced with the rise of fatal motorcycle road accidents in California, the legislature deemed fit to formulate laws that would offer some protection and rights to the motorcyclist while on the road. Part of the laws worth having a second look include:
- Lane splitting law: though a high-risk behavior to indulge in, it’s legal to snake through slow moving traffic. You are allowed to navigate at no more than 10 miles per hour than the corresponding traffic.
- Lemon laws indemnify motorcycles: slicing through the legalese of lemon laws, you are entitled to compensation if you spend most of your time with a newly bought bike in the garage than on the road. Consult, Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney Firm - an award winning legal team free of charge to learn more about your available options.
- Mandatory wearing of Department of Transportation certified helmets by all riders.
- Motorcycles fitted with an exhaust system that complies with the Environmental Protection Agency laws.
The laws that govern traffic safety are constantly being tweaked to meet the evolving road demands and usage. Consult the Department of Motor Vehicles in California to be abreast with latest rules.
Legal Responsibility for Injuries Sustained
More often than not, after being involved in an accident, human nature detects that blame should be apportioned to the involved parties. After all is said and done, accidents don’t just occur but rather occasioned by some sort of negligence. The term negligence forms the central core of your case and the defining factor of whether you stand to be compensated for the sustained damages or not.
That’s where the services of a team of experts spearheaded by a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney comes in to reconstruct the incident leading up to the accident. Below are just but a few of negligence cases leading to road crashes:
- Failure to observe road signs at junctions. Driving through a red light is a case in point
- Driving under the influence of contraband substances
- Driving while operating a wireless gadget.
- Failure to give way to motorcyclist especially while changing lanes.
- Driving beyond the legally permitted speed limits of a given road.
Time Is of the Essence
The statute of limitation is a legal term that describes the time frame that the aggrieved party has been allowed by the law to file a lawsuit against the aggressor. In relation to motorbike crashes, the statutory laws of California limit this grace period to a maximum of two years from the date of the accident. This is the general rule. There are exceptions to this rule, for instance when suing a public entity such as a government facility. The nitty-gritty is best handled by an experienced attorney. Contact Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney for the best way forward.
Accidents Will Always Happen
Accidents are inevitable even in the utmost regulated families. The message is clear. The next cause of action after an accident remains as the essential factor in either building or crumbling your case. Take the following steps to avoid jeopardizing your legal case:
- Priority should be attached to the well-being of all involved parties. Resist the temptation of taking off after being involved in a road accident. “Hit and run” under the California laws do attract hefty penalties. Don’t make an already bad situation worse by fleeing from the scene of the accident.
- Seeking prompt medical attention for the heavily involved casualties should also reign supreme. Calling 911 would go a long way in ensuring prompt medical attention is administered.
- Recollect yourself and avoid unnecessary movements that may endanger yourself and the accident victims.
- If police aren’t on the scene yet, it’s advisable to call them as well as your insurance firm.
- Documentation of the accident scene with photos and reports are vital information to have for reconstructing the accident scenario.
- Eyewitness accounts can buttress your account of the accident. Try reaching out to willing eyewitness and get their contacts.
- Don’t take the liability for the accident. Let your lawyer handle that in a court of law.
- Follow professional advice. That is your doctor’s instruction in reference to your health and your attorney’s in relation to the account leading up to the accident.
“A Man Who Is His Own Lawyer Has a Fool for a Client”
Having your case field by a competent team of legal experts with years of experience in handling personal injuries and accident claims is the right step towards getting paid your damages. Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney is one law firm that doesn’t shy from taking on the big boys. Loathed by irresponsible road users and wayward insurance firms but loved in equal measures by motorcyclist victims of road crashes.
We never relent till justice is served to our victims. Our legal experts understand this. Raising the bar standards so high that legal cost is only billed upon recovering damages on our client's behalf. Legal advice is never billed at Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney. It’s your right to be informed and be advised on all your legal options. Take advantage of this monetary risk-free window of opportunity and call us on 424-231-2013. The Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney prides itself in providing friendly customer services and interaction with the clients. Communication is key to having a common goal so as win the case for you.
Why You Should Trending Careful with Insurance Adjuster Claims
In the simplest of definition, an insurance adjuster is tasked with the obligation of downplaying your injuries and consequently minimize your damages compensations. At Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney, we literary take this bullet on your behalf and face the insurance adjuster to ensure that no penny of your compensation is robbed from you. Channel your energies to recovery while we take on the insurance adjuster. It vital that you don’t disclose any information relating to your injuries and the accident without the knowledge of your attorney.
Such information may be used against you during the computation of your damages. In the event that an insurance adjuster approaches you, make it a habit of directing them to your accident attorney. At Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney, we have years of experience in handling insurance adjusters. To cut the long story short, they detest us. We don’t settle for less than what is rightfully owed to our clients.
Damages Claim for a Motorcycle Crash
Damages are the monetary compensation that you are entitled to be paid by a negligent road user who is to be blamed for your crash and injuries sustained. Broadly categorized into two:
- Present damages such as medical bills, damaged property, prescription medicine and inconvenience caused.
- Future damages: chronic conditions such as continued visits to a physiotherapist and long-term drug dependence. Road crashes are entitled to file for future damages.
The final monetary sum that any plaintiff demands, rest with the decision of a jury besides other factors that your legal team will advise you on. However, the computation usually factors current and future damages to arrive at the value of your case. Every accident is judged based on its own merit. Our duty as personal injury attorney is to ensure the jury, the insurance company and the attorney of the defendant see that the accident didn’t just happen but it was caused by the defendant negligence. This is made possible by part of Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney’s team that specializes in accident reconstruction.
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
In the unfortunate event that you lose a loved one through a motorcycle crash, the statutory laws of California define the course of action. It guides on the application of a wrongful death and defines the parties that can file a lawsuit. It will be prudent for the deceased dependents (domestic partners, surviving children, and spouse) to consult their attorney as soon as possible after the death of their beloved one. This will ensure that your personal injury attorney has adequate time to file a lawsuit.
Dependents are required by law to file a wrongful death lawsuit within two years from the date of breadwinner’s death. Failure to observe this timeframe is as good as forfeiting your rights to wrongful death damages.
Not All Motorcycle Crashes Qualify for a Personal Injury Attorney Representation
Legal battles are not meant for the faint-hearted. Minor injuries and property damages can be handled by the victim and settled out of court. However, if the insurance company fails to play ball to your reasonable demands, it’s advisable that you get into contact with your Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney. They will walk you through the available legal options to seek redress.
Why You Should Consider Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney Representation
For starters, Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney is a body of legal experts with verse experience in personal injuries lawsuits. The jewel in the crown of our law offices is the fact that they offer free legal consultation and legal bills are only invoiced once the plaintiff has been paid his or her damages. It’s a virtual risk-free process to deal with our premier firm.
Nurse your injuries and allow Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorneys take care of the insurance companies, medical treatment and finding an amicable settlement of damages sustained. Visit our offices or dial 424-231-2013 for a free consultation and case assessment of your legal options for injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash. Despair not, if you are bedridden. We shall scale the heights and bring justice at your door step.